Pages

Search This Blog

2.1.16

MAC shopping & current makeup favorites

           


I haven't posted anything in a while and I won't make any excuses. I really wanted to start posting at least once a week but I don't have a proper photographer nor enough time to plan a new post every week. I might put up a post every now and then but I won't make any promises. I decided to write a post about my current makeup favorites mostly because I've been getting loads of questions about my everyday makeup routine and favorite beauty products but also because I went to Zagreb today and bought some stuff in MAC.



We woke up early enough to get to Zagreb at around 10 am and I went straight to MAC. Unfortunately we don't have that store in Slovenia and buying MAC products online is quite expensive. I bought two products that I'll probably wear all the time so spending 40€ on them is totally worth it. For all of you wondering where you can find MAC in Zagreb; it's in city center opposite H&M or next to Swarovski. It's quite big if I compare it to the store I visited in Nice, France a few years back and they're really well stocked. However I did have to wait for about 10 minutes before a seller helped me, the store was quite busy and many of the matte lipstick shades were out of stock (for example Velvet Teddy which was the one that I was looking for) but it's quite normal because of the holidays. When I finally managed to ask someone to help me I decided to get the Satin Mocha lipstick and Pro Long Concealer in NW15 which they picked for me. We then visited a local marketplace and went to the West Gate shopping center just a few minutes out of Zagreb. I was actually quite disappointed with what this shopping center had to offer; the stores weren't really well stocked and I could've got everything that I bought back in my hometown. 






My snapchat: aliciasimonic

MAKEUP FAVORITES

My all time favorite foundation is the Revlon Colorstay for dry/normal skin (I'm in the shade Buff). It gives great coverage, my skin stays hydrated through the day, it doesn't crease and it doesn't have that gross foundation smell. 
As I already mentioned in the beginning I bought the MAC pro long wear concealer in NW15. I already tried it out and it's the perfect shade for me and I heard nothing but praises from the youtube beauty gurus.  


My current favorite eye shadow palette is the Art Deco Most Wanted Palette Brown which I got from my boyfriend as a Christmas present. It has 12 different shades, 7 of them are matte and the rest are glittery. I love this pallete for it's diversity and a huge color range. You can create many different looks; from a simple natural look to a dramatic smokey eye. The pigmentation is amazing and you really get a lot for 20€. In Slovenia you can buy it in Müller. 



I've been in love with the Benefit They're real mascara ever since I bought it in France two years ago but unfortunately I ran out of it and I've been looking for a good drugstore dupe for this mascara. I still haven't found a mascara that would really impress me but I've been using these two lately and they're quite all right for every day use. The pink one is the Maybelline Sensational  mascara which is a bit too wet at the beginning but after a few applications it dries a bit and it works better. The latter one is the H&M Volume mascara which is especially great for bottom lashes. I've been wanting to try out the new H&M cosmetics line for a while now but I haven't been able to get my hands on it just yet. I heard good reviews from friends and youtubers so I guess it must be really good. 


My current go to eyeliner is the Art Deco High Precision Eyeliner which was actually a recommendation from a friend. I hated pencil eyeliners from drugstore brands because they would get dry after a few uses, liquid eyeliners take too long to apply and gel eyeliners are too smudgy and don't last the whole day. However this Art Deco eyeliner is the best thing I bought this year makeup-wise. It's super easy to apply, it's not messy or smudgy and it doesn't get dry fast. It's not cheap but it's not overpriced-you definitely get what you pay for. 



My favorite eye brow palette is a cheap H&M Eye Brow Kit. It's simple to use with an angled brush and a spoolie. I use the darker shade, apply it evenly on my brow and smudge it with a spoolie for a more natural and not so drawn-on look. 
I don't use a bronzer on daily basis but when I do I use the Essence Sun Club 2 in 1 Bronzing powder. I apply it in the hollows of my cheeks and blend it with a big fluffy brush to smudge any harsh lines and emphasize my cheekbones. 



Before I put on my lipstick I always put on Lush Bubblegum Lip Peeling just to get rid of any dry skin on my lips and later moisturize them with Lush Passion Fruit Lip Balm (which was also a gift from my boyfriend). This makes any lipstick look so much better especially in winter when most of us struggle with chapped and dry lips. 



I always loved MAC lipsticks; I got my first one in France and I love the texture, pigmentation and stability of those lipsticks. I got the Cremesheen Party Line lipstick and I only wore it to special events or nights out so I decided to get a more natural shade; Satin Mocha
My go to lip liners are the Revlon Colorstay in Red and Catrice Ultimate stay in Rosy Brown. They're both really pigmented and easy to use. 







A little bit about skin care: before I put my makeup on I always apply Nivea Creme to make sure my skin is smooth and hydrated; for removing my makeup I use the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water.


That's it for this post, hope to see you soon. Oh and happy new year to everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Alicia S.

Copyright @ Alicia S.. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign